IT Security Compliance Officer
- Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in…
This position will support the Business Information Security Officer (Corporate Information Security team) to achieve Corporate and Program compliance with applicable Information Assurance (IA) frameworks, policies and standards. This will include the review, creation and amendment of relevant security governance and compliance polices and procedures, as well as working closely with Program Managers to ensure that internal and customer programs are ready for handover in a security-compliant state.
Perform the following functions as required:
- Develop, implement and maintain security governance, including security frameworks, policies, and standards for internal and customer programs as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain Security SOPs and SSPs to ensure certification and conformance in relation to Corporate information security requirements.
- Develop system security design documentation to achieve System Certification and Accreditation.
- Conduct routine audits to validate the Certification and Conformance readiness state to gain System Certification and Accreditation.
- Conduct threat analysis, threat risk assessment and vulnerability / threat management.
- Provide tactical IA input, design and vision.
- Ability to form a close working relationship with internal (US/AU) stakeholders to define IA objectives and meet business requirements.
- Knowledge of current IT Security industry trends to assess industry impact on current and future strategies, conduct research and provide guidance documentation.
- Execute knowledge and understanding of cyber security principles, theories and concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience and specialised training commensurate with the role.
- Relevant professional memberships desirable
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a ‘can-do’, proactive, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos Australia objectives.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience designing and developing IA frameworks, policies, and standards.
- Proven experience of designing, planning, and leading IA plans within projects and engineering teams.
- Experience collaborating with business partners, application development, and technical teams to establish IA objectives and ensuring that these objectives were satisfied.
- Experience of the System IA Lifecycle using standard methodologies and techniques/tools.
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.