Project Systems Engineer
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Contract
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
We have an opportunity available for a Systems Engineer to join our high performing Project Services Engineering Team.
Working in a fast-paced environment in a collaborative team with mixed skillsets, you will be working on project planning, implementation and integration activities. You will be able to take guidance under minimal supervision to complete tasks as part of a project team.
Working in the Systems Engineering lifecycle you will produce high quality artefacts and deliver value to our Defence customer.
You will be able to provide assistance to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large-scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer’s business critical systems.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale in a unique environment. Defence industry experience would be highly desirable, tertiary studies in IT or a related field would be valued but not essential. Experience with the following technology is highly desirable:
- Knowledge of any the following technical disciplines: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft System Centre, Microsoft Windows Server, Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere, NetApp storage, Cisco UCS, McAfee Security Suite, Solaris, Red Hat Satellite, AWS, Azure, Google Kubernetes, Docker;
- Strong knowledge in VMware and Microsoft Server/management technologies is required;
- Must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures related to Cloud technologies;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure;
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will require applicants to be Australian Citizens with a current NV1 Clearance as a minimum, with ability to obtain a clearance of NV2.
The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.