- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your new role
As a SharePoint administrator, you will be maintaining an existing SharePoint farm and supporting systems, working closely with the Level 1 and 2 support and Level 3 development teams to triage incidents, problems and future enhancements with adherence to availability, security and sustainability principles.
This role will also be required to provide support, as directed, to the uplift of the extant SharePoint 2010 capability up to SharePoint 2019.
You will be involved in and drive some of the below:
- Maintain the existing SharePoint sites, features and solutions
- Configure and implement SharePoint features and functionality
- Review SharePoint application logs and review system health
- Produce and maintain supporting documentation for SharePoint based solutions.
- Implement SharePoint application patches and supporting administrative activities.
- Assist with evaluating new SharePoint technologies and recommend best-practice solutions
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Install and configure SharePoint infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer SharePoint, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis ensuring high availability of the SharePoint environment
The successful candidate requires excellent communication skills with a focus on collaboration, end-to end implementation and on-going development and maintenance of business solutions of the Project's SharePoint platform Essential to your success will be knowledge of:
- Building & deploying SP2010/19 farms
- Microsoft stack knowledge (AD, .Net, SQL, Powershell)
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold an active NV2 Security Clearance