2022 Graduate Software Engineer
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Graduate Soft Eng
Be curious. Be the difference.
Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. As a large scale prime systems and services integrator, we turn complex data into usable solutions for our customers. In practical terms, we deliver software applications for a wide range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance domain. We provide critical projects to the Department of Defence whilst supporting the IT environment for the Australian Taxation Office. We also maintain legislative websites for a number of governments.
Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table. No matter who you are or where you work, we make it our mission to make sure that you are enabled to do your best work, be inspired by what you can achieve and the impact you can have. Innovation is a key value and change is constant. So there’s plenty of scope to think differently, develop and learn in an environment that’s both supportive and constantly evolving. Leidos has made it a key business goal to ensure everyone feels welcome, valued, respected and supported.
All of our graduates are employed on a permanent basis and work on real projects as an embedded and productive team member right from the start. At the end of the graduate year, our graduates typically continue to work in the area they started in and further develop their strengths and capabilities. Some may wish to explore other opportunities based on their aspirations and the needs of the business.
Your New Role
An average week for a Graduate Software Engineer could include a wide range of activities including:
- Liaising with system users to document a requirement or specification and understand their needs, goals, and any issues or limitations;
- Using your skills to undertake software analysis, design, development and testing of software;
- Solving complex problems using software related methodologies, processes, standards and tools;
- Translating and implementing simple development project requirements into physical database structures and code;
- Applying data analysis and data modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components;
- Analysing code and systems for potential security vulnerabilities and code to avoid accidental introduction of such vulnerabilities;
- Assisting in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications by correcting program errors, preparing instructions, analysing system capabilities and output requirements, in order to meet software standards;
- Working as part of a team in an Agile environment to contribute to the overall success of program delivery by working on individual activities and collaborating to come together using configuration and version control;
- Undertaking independent learning to improve your knowledge of software development.
Graduates will be supported to develop their skills and knowledge specific to this role, to ensure they are able to contribute and reach their highest potential. As a Leidos graduate, you will be working on interesting and challenging projects and will take part in a range of training and development opportunities. To support you further throughout the graduate year, and your early career here at Leidos, you will also be assigned a mentor and buddy.
About You and What You'll Bring
This role is ideal for someone who is completing or has recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline:
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Software Development
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Systems Engineering
Along with your education and any practical experience, Leidos values individuals who use their initiative and seek to understand the business and develop relationships based on respect.
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
Applications close 11:59pm AEST Sunday 11th April 2021.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. We have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.