2022 Graduate ICT Systems/SW Infrastructure Engineer
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Graduate Sys Eng
Be curious. Be the difference.
Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. As a large scale prime systems and services integrator, we turn complex data into usable solutions for our customers. In practical terms, we deliver software applications for a wide range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance domain. We provide critical projects to the Department of Defence whilst supporting the IT environment for the Australian Taxation Office. We also maintain legislative websites for a number of governments.
Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table. No matter who you are or where you work, we make it our mission to make sure that you are enabled to do your best work, be inspired by what you can achieve and the impact you can have. Innovation is a key value and change is constant. So there’s plenty of scope to think differently, develop and learn in an environment that’s both supportive and constantly evolving. Leidos has made it a key business goal to ensure everyone feels welcome, valued, respected and supported.
All of our graduates are employed on a permanent basis and work on real projects as an embedded and productive team member right from the start. At the end of the graduate year, our graduates typically continue to work in the area they started in and further develop their strengths and capabilities. Some may wish to explore other opportunities based on their aspirations and the needs of the business.
Your New Role
An average week for a Graduate ICT Systems/SW Infrastructure Engineer could include a wide range of activities including:
- Supporting the delivery of systems that meet customer specifications and requirements by developing an understanding of the customer’s needs and turn these into requirements and documentation;
- Using your research and analysis skills to provide input and recommendations on systems products and collaborate on systems solutions through applying systematic processes and systems engineering methodologies, whilst taking into account the customer’s technical, schedule and cost constraints;
- Contributing to the implementation and verification and testing of systems to ensure the solution meets the business and customer requirements;
- Providing suggestions and recommendations for hardware and software specifications, through supporting activities such as: functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies;
- Supporting, building, maintaining and improving an extensive multi-faceted platform and related applications, across multiple domains and national locations.
Graduates will be supported to develop their skills and knowledge specific to this role, to ensure they are able to contribute and reach their highest potential. As a Leidos graduate, you will be working on interesting and challenging projects and will take part in a range of training and development opportunities. To support you further throughout the graduate year, and your early career here at Leidos, you will also be assigned a mentor and buddy.
About You and What You'll Bring
This role is ideal for someone who is completing or has recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
Along with your education and any practical experience, Leidos values individuals who use their initiative and seek to understand the business and develop relationships based on respect.
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
Applications close 11:59pm AEST Sunday 11th April 2021.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. We have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.