ICT support, Networking Support, Test Support Engineer
- Fyshwick ACT 2609, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
We are looking for a great team member that has a broad set of skills. Having a background in Defence will help you transition quickly, as we are based on a customer site. The team is responsible for testing and transitioning combat communications into service.
This is role where we are happy to also support learning for the right person, if you are potentially do not have all the capabilities below.
ICT Support responsible for:
- Provision of support to ICT Support technician.
- System administration (backups)
- Responsibilities may also include:
- Configuration, maintenance and development of networks
- System administration support including virus pattern upgrades, software updates, on/off site backups, security and engineering documentation updates and adherence, software licensing monitoring and adherence, general hardware maintenance, IOS updates, equipment calibration, system testing, ECP test/draft documentation, system audits, office hours help desk, laptop administration, Database support (SQL), maintenance of CDR, hardware and software purchasing.
Network Support responsible for providing:
Advice on data communications and network engineering, including in areas such as voice/video/data and their convergence, wired and wireless networking, information technology, telecommunications, network management, simulation, security as applicable to various types of area networks (LAN/MAN/WAN) within the Defence Information Environment, integration with RF/Tactical communications networks.
- Requirements analysis and development
- Implementation, testing and evaluation
- Supporting communications networks and related engineering
- Identifying and managing system safety aspects
- Provision of documentation supporting site installation test and verification activities
Test Support responsible for providing:
- Setup and support to help facilitate testing activities
- Support during informal and formal test events.
Ideally we are looking for someone that has
- Recognised qualifications in IT and Systems Administration.
- Recognised qualifications in Microsoft technologies.
- Recognised qualifications or commensurate experience in Systems Engineering
Ability to obtain Cisco Certified Network Professional/Associate.
- Demonstrated experience (1 year +) in deploying, maintaining and upgrading Microsoft based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience (1 year +) in deploying, maintaining and upgrading Linux based systems.
- Demonstrated experience (2 years +) in a customer focused environment.
Demonstrated experience (2 years +) in a systems engineering/systems development environment.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.
This role does require the successful applicant to have NV-2 clearance