- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government, including Defence, that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in…
We have an opportunity available for a Network Engineer to join our high performing Project Services Engineering Team.
Working in a fast-paced environment in a collaborative team with mixed skillsets, you will be working on project planning, implementation and integration activities. You will be able to take guidance under minimal supervision to complete tasks as part of a project team.
Working in the Systems Engineering lifecycle, you will produce high-quality artefacts and deliver value to our Defence customer.
- Produce networking design specifications and detailed schematics for project delivery.
- Provide in-depth analysis of existing network and server configurations and make recommendations for system enhancements.
- Analyse, develop, enhance, secure and test intricate network designs.
- Monitor the performance of network and equipment to ensure high availability and redundancy.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues. Analyse network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Develop and revise network technical documentation.
- Maintain high level technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure;
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
- Implement Network related changes interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways effectively
Due to the nature of the work, this role will require applicants to be Australian Citizens with a current NV1 Clearance as a minimum, with ability to obtain a clearance of NV2.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.