Lead Solution Architect
- 53 Wentworth Avenue, Kingston, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your new role
The Lead Solution Architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance across the End User Technology Support (EUTS) service account, in particular leading the execution of the End User Workspace (EUW) program to deliver modern and contemporary end user tools and platforms to the ATO.
As the Lead Solution Architect you will use your experience and expertise to become a trusted advisor to the ATO and Leidos EUW program delivery team. You will provide oversight of requirements elicitation and solution designs for execution and delivery across EUW program which has a heavy focus on Microsoft 365 services.
You'll be supported by the Leidos CTO and Chief Architect, be part of a close-knit Architecture team and work collaboratively with peers in Project Management, Engineering, Security and other disciplines.
In a typical day, you will:
- Advise customer on strategic direction and assist with planning activities relating to Microsoft 365
- Co-ordinate and manage design compliance and governance activities with projects to ensure successful business outcomes
- Guide technical resources on best practices
- Provide oversight of technical solutions / decisions
- Derive, review, interpret and respond to customer requirements to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current and future EUTS technology roadmaps
- Present business cases for IT solutions, considering cost, infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Lead the basis of estimates (BOE) and bill of materials (BOM) for proposals
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with technology vendors and Leidos partners
About you and what you'll bring
You are a seasoned Architect, ideally with experience in a Government or Defence environment. You have a can do attitude and demonstrated you can provide technical leadership on successful medium to large programs of work. You are experienced with end user and cloud technologies and able to develop solution proposals, business cases and support bids for internal and external stakeholders. You possess the ability to define proposals of work, lead work estimates and quotes, so previous experience working on proposals and developing solution designs is essential.
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent leadership capability with the ability to influence key stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Highly exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong stakeholder management skills.
- You have a breadth and depth of knowledge with a range of technologies including end user computing, applications, virtualisation, infrastructure, HA and DR solutions.
- In-depth understanding of the following Microsoft 365/Azure areas:
- Microsoft 365 tenant configuration
- Core Microsoft 365 services (e.g. Teams, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneDrive)
- Microsoft Azure tenant configuration (e.g. Azure Active Directory, Identity and Access Management, MFA)
- Inspires a growth mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape.
- Ability to create clarity in complex scenarios.
What you'll love
A high performing team, you'll enjoy working with driven, intelligent and truly collaborative people who have a strong brand both internally and with their customer, who love to celebrate success together. You'll never be short of work or opportunity and the challenge in leading the ATO’s End User Technology Strategy and taking the ATO to cloud will make this a career defining experience.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a baseline or NV1 security clearance.