Network Security Operations Support Engineer
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government, including Defence, that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in…
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Network Security Support Engineer to join the Network Security Operations arm of our Cyber Information Security team.
In this role, you will provide a senior support engineering role to support enterprise network security solutions such as firewalls, IPS, tap aggregation, packet capture, content filtering and cloud security tools. We are looking for a candidate who can support this role from either Canberra or Melbourne (Scoresby).
You will primarily work on complex projects and implement large changes to support the Network Security Engineering team and the larger corporate initiatives. Additionally, you will provide guidance and assistance to junior engineers.
As part of the Australian Cyber Information Security team, this role will interact regularly with the US Network Security Engineering, CSIRT and Network Operations teams, alongside the Australian on-site technical resources to ensure both the security and on-going stability of the Leidos Corporate network.
Support the Leidos cyber security mission by building, configuring, troubleshooting, and updating the network security capabilities that protect Leidos’ core networks and information.
- Follow established network security processes to defend and operate the global Leidos network.
- Provide technical expertise to large or complex projects
- Develop network security boundaries and zones
- Establish and maintain documentation library (CONOPS, Standard Operating Procedures, System Security Plans)
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, analysis and understanding of impact
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide emergency support for the corporate network security environment.
- Provide feedback to team leadership to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Provider technical leadership to junior engineers and analysts.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ year in an enterprise network or security environment. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- AU citizenship is required and eligibility for a security clearance
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Fundamental knowledge of IP-based networking, including switching and routing
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience with common enterprise class packet capture solutions such as Security Analytics and Netwitness
- Experience with common enterprise forward proxies such as Zscaler, Symantec/BlueCoat, ForcePoint/WebSense, McAfee or F5
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Experience in Linux system administration desired
- Experience in programming and/or scripting desired
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory desired
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications, ISC2 Certifications (CISSP)
The successful candidate will need to be an Australian Citizen as the ability to obtain a security clearance is a must.
This role can either be based in Canberra or Melbourne ( Scoresby).
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.