- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 37,000 global network, we currently number 1,400 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your New Role
Leidos has been engaged by a Federal Government Department to work closely with other top tier partners to provide a leading Cybersecurity capability for critical infrastructure components.
We are tasked with developing and delivering cyber security services to directly support the Department’s mission. We are seeking highly motivated and appropriately experienced staff to help us deliver outstanding results.
These roles are not your typical Cybersecurity setup. There are some unique requirements with scope for you to substantially improve the customer’s operational capabilities.
These roles will need you to be understanding of the needs of the end user and to be able to provide services in a secure environment.
We are seeking candidates from a variety of backgrounds, with appropriate experience from Tier 1 Cybersecurity analysis through to service delivery, application engineering, infrastructure specialists, GRC specialists, threat hunters, intelligence specialists and other related roles.
If these roles match your skills and interest please apply.
The Security Architect role is a critical role in this customer centric service delivery. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high performing team doing important and interesting work.
The role has the following high level responsibilities
- End to end architectural design decisions including strategic direction;
- Tool/Service assessment;
- Ensuring compliance with Leidos, customer and other requirements;
- Developing high level and low level designs;
- Developing as built or other required artefacts;
- Assisting with deployments including performance and security tuning;
- Recommend improvement opportunities across the networks including cybersecurity and non cybersecurity services; and
- Assist with routine upgrades and platform refreshes.
About You and What You'll Bring
You are a seasoned Security Architect, and must have experience in a Defence environment. You have demonstrated experience authoring and delivering security solution proposals, business cases and/or supporting bids for internal and external stakeholders.
You will be expected to have broad skills/knowledge in the following areas
- Defence, classified or hardened network deployment experience
- Information Security Manual (ISM), Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF)
- Hands on intermediate or better experience across a broad range of technologies including
- Cisco routers and switches
- Endpoint security software
- NIPS/HIPS products
- SIEM products
- Windows and related software such as SCCM
- Virtualisation technologies such as Vmware
- Risk management
- Compliance challenges
- 5 years in senior operational infrastructure role
- 3 years IT architecture experience
- Basic financial knowledge/costing experience
You will possess the following attributes:
- You will be able to work in complex network environments;
- You will be able to work under pressure and focus on the customers mission requirements first and foremost;
- You will have the ability to interact in a proactive and helpful fashion with a multidisciplinary team consisting of partner organisations, customer staff, internal Leidos team members and other third parties as required;
- You will be resourceful, able to think on your feet, willing to have others review and have input into your designs and able to appropriately size and scale architectures based on user needs not some theoretical best practice model;
- You will be pragmatic and able to look for alternatives or engage in discussions that may result in changes to ensure appropriate outcomes based on timing, budget and available resources;
- You will be willing and able to work with delivery teams to assist with deployment including any post deployment questions;
- You will think long term including factors such as upgrade paths, resiliency, off net/low bandwidth operation and maintenance requirements;
- You will be exceptionally information security aware and savvy and have hands on experience in integration of locked down applications and operating systems in an extremely sensitive environment;
- You will be comfortable assisting with the documentation of policies, procedures and standards;
- You will be comfortable performing hands on assessments and customer demonstrations / POC’s;
- You are willing and able to provide ongoing hands on training, support and mentoring of other team members; and
- You will be happy to pitch in and do whatever is reasonably required to meet the customers mission requirements.
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance. NV-2 Clearance preferred, but an NV-1 cleared candidate with strong experience and team fit will be considered.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.