Cyber Engineer - Network Security
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 37,000 global network, we currently number 1,400 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your New Role
Leidos has been engaged by a Federal Government Department to work closely with other top tier partners to provide a leading Cybersecurity capability for critical infrastructure components.
We are tasked with developing and delivering cyber security services to directly support the Department’s mission. We are seeking highly motivated and appropriately experienced staff to help us deliver outstanding results.
These roles are not your typical Cybersecurity setup. There are some unique requirements with scope for you to substantially improve the customer’s operational capabilities.
These roles will need you to be understanding of the needs of the end user and to be able to provide services in a secure environment.
We are seeking candidates from a variety of backgrounds, with appropriate experience from Tier 1 Cybersecurity analysis through to service delivery, application engineering, infrastructure specialists, GRC specialists, threat hunters, intelligence specialists and other related roles.
If these roles match your skills and interest please apply.
Our cyber engineering roles include support of the security function for our customer ensuring systems are available, appropriately maintained and secured. This role allows you to utilise your broad experience in a supportive team environment
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Management and configuration of firewalls and other network security devices;
- Perform network troubleshooting in support of the cyber security team, for example logs being blocked somewhere in the network;
- Assist with vulnerability management including config reviews and software versions;
- Assist with incident investigation including obtaining logs, reviewing firewall rules, etc;
- Assist with monitoring the network for changes that may affect cyber security;
- Be cross trained into supporting cyber security tools such as proxies, sandboxes, mail gateways, end point security;
- Integration and functional testing;
- Experience with Nessus in a distributed environment (desirable); and
- Experience with Forescout (desirable).
About You and What You'll Bring
As an experienced Network Security Engineer, you will bring your knowledge and expertise to support the team. You will be customer-focused, and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will have the following skills/knowledge
- 3+ years in networking operational role;
- CCNA/P in routing/switching or equivalent knowledge or experience;
- CCNA/P in security or equivalent knowledge or experience;
- Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting skills in complex networks;
- Working knowledge in cybersecurity principles such as hardening standards and techniques;
- Worked with SOC operational teams to support evidence gathering (desirable); and
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as windows and linux and able to perform basic support.
You will have the following attributes
- Comfortable working in cross team environments;
- Comfortable interacting with a mixture of highly technical peers and partners as well as military staff;
- Willing to learn new technologies in the cyber security space;
- Willing to mentor other team members; and
- Willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer mission needs are met.
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance. NV-2 Clearance preferred, but an NV-1 cleared candidate with strong experience and team fit will be considered.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.