JCSE - ICT Security Manager
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
About your new role
This is an exciting opportunity for a successful Security Manager to join a committed and well established team on a strategic program providing direct benefit to Defence and the war fighter. You will play a crucial role in maintaining capability and ensuring the implementation of security measures for applications and services on classified customer networks.
Some other key responsibilities will include:
- Plan, conduct and coordinate system security accreditation / certification activities for designated work packages and projects;
- Lead and grow a team of IT Security Officers;
- Monitoring system information security and responding to any cyber security incidents;
- Provide advice and guidance on policy compliance with regard to system changes and customer requirements;
- Identifying and incorporating appropriate security measures in the further development and enhancement of systems;
- Providing regular reports on cyber security incidents and other areas of particular concern;
- Helping stakeholders understand and respond to reported audit findings;
- Ensuring that system threats, vulnerabilities and risks are identified and appropriate security measures and controls are implemented for their management;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate system security documentation, strategies and reports.
About you and what you'll bring
Deep understanding and wide application of protective and cyber security principles, theories and concepts;
Coupled with your education and practical experience within ICT Security, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives;
You will bring your detailed knowledge of Whole-of-Government and Defence security frameworks, policies and practises, including CIOG security procedures. You will be driven to provide an excellent customer experience as well as being a strong negotiator and influencer. Leidos is a fast paced organisation so you will be flexible and adaptable in your approach – no day will be the same. You will enjoy being a part of a team working with likeminded individuals;
- Demonstrated ability in providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV-2 security clearance.
The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.