JCSE - ICT Security Officer
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
About your new role
Responsible for cyber security management, accreditation lifecycle activities, security reporting, and security verification and validation, you will be supporting the secure and effective delivery of ICT systems to the program.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced IT Security professionals to join a committed and well established team on a strategic program providing direct benefit to Defence and the war fighter. You will play a crucial role in maintaining capability and ensuring the implementation of security measures for applications and services on classified customer networks.
The focus of the role is to develop and deliver security management, accreditation lifecycle activities, security reporting, and security verification and validation across the program, with a focus on one or more key systems. As a leading role, it requires an ability to perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- Work with common security-related technologies at the network, operating system, database and application layers;
- Work with common scripting and programming languages, such as PowerShell, Python, SQL, C# and Java;
- Research and recommend security policies that apply to the company’s and customer’s operational and contract compliance needs;
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and procedural changes for preventative maintenance and security;
- Protect government, intellectual, third party and company information from unauthorised disclosure;
- Administer facility access control procedures and protection measures;
- Conduct initial review of specific contractor visit requests for accuracy, reviewing applicable databases to ensure personnel are appropriately cleared and authorised;
- Develop, implement, maintain and review security policies and practices;
- Assist in investigation of security violations and prepare reports specifying corrective and preventive actions to be taken;
- Ongoing collaboration with key stakeholders through participation in Security Management committees, working groups and other forums;
- Other duties as required.
About you and what you'll bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience with ICT Security and associated technologies, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. Experience to include:
- Knowledge of Whole-of-Government and Defence security frameworks and policies, including CIOG security procedures;
- Extensive knowledge of cyber security procedures, protocols and technologies;
- Project Support (working with internal and external stakeholders on ensuring that systems met security standards and policies, delivering compliance-based artefacts, working with delivery teams, managing the security requirement that typically impacts schedules through the need for extensive engagement with authorities);
- Sustainment (BAU funding, maintaining existing frameworks, internal stakeholder engagement, authority engagement where required).
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV-2 security clearance.
The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.