Citrix / VDI Administrator
- Canberra, ACT, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Leidos Australia is the largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government and provides a number of critical systems integration projects to the Department of Defence. We also deliver service management, including service desk, for the Australian Tax Office, supporting 25,000 ATO end users.
Leidos Australia is looking for a professional and talented Citrix / VDI Administrator to join our team based in Canberra, working as part of a talented team delivering and enhancing mission critical infrastructure, ensuring the highest level of availability, performance, and security.
Supporting our ATO program and reporting to the Technical Service Delivery Manager, the Citrix / VDI Administrator will manage the Citrix VDI environment, ensuring performance, reliability, and stability of the environment, as part of the larger Service Delivery team that supports technical solution development and documentation, and demonstrates superb technical and systems integration competency.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting, administering and managing the Citrix infrastructure and environment
- Managing a Citrix XenDesktop Windows gold image
- Providing 3rd level application and system support,
- Conduct advanced troubleshooting and root-cause analysis for Citrix related issues,
- Conduct Citrix environment updates and testing, including security patches and feature enhancement deployments.
- Identifying risks and opportunities within the environment, and developing mitigation plans to minimise user and system impacts,
- Manage and respond to the related tickets and requests,
- Manage workload and correspondence in-line with the agreed SLA's,
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base in our tool , including technical designs and documentation,
- Ensuring the Citrix knowledge and technology evolution is maintained and reported,
- This role will also be accountable for the existing technologies including monitoring and capacity reporting\recommendations.
- We are looking for a team member who has a strong customer focus, is outcome driven, and has the ability to interpret the needs of our client by bringing the below:
- A demonstrated ‘can-do’, pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve client objectives,
- At least 4 years of experience administering, engineering or managing in a virtual infrastructure environment particularly with application and desktop virtualization solutions
- Proven experience managing and supporting a Citrix XenDesktop Windows 10 gold image using Machine Creation Services (MCS) technology
- Experience in the day to day maintenance and break fix of the Citrix suite - XenApp, Xen Desktop, Citrix Cloud, and NetScaler
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016,
- Competent analytics and diagnostics for 3rd level problem solving,
- Demonstrated experience with client communications and engagement,
- Demonstrated experience in a rigorous change management environment,
- Ability to work autonomously or with minimal supervision, and deliver completed work on schedule,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- CCP–V or CCE–V highly desired,
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies including vSphere, vCenter management suite and View are highly desired.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and be ellegible to gain a Baseline Security Clearance
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.