- Scoresby VIC 3179, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in…
About The Role
Leidos have an opportunity to for a seasoned professional to work in the Sourcing and Commercial Management function as a Commercial Lead. This role will be based in our Melbourne Scoresby office.
This role will see you be responsible for the management of commercial and contract aspects in relation to a major and high profile Defence and Federal government projects.
- Lead the contract change process in line with contract obligations.
- Be the custodian of the contract, advising program staff on contract interpretation and commercial approach and ensuring configuration control.
- Manage all customer correspondence, information management and compliance to company and customer policies.
- Resolve commercial matters that are able to be dealt with within the Leidos and customer project teams
- Assist with new business proposals where required and manage approval processes for new pieces of business.
- Attend key program reviews with the customer as required, advising on/dealing with commercial matters and ensure minutes are kept/accurate.
- Escalate and advise on complex issues, commercial matters as required.
- Run regular program events to educate staff on contract, delegation, approval process etc.
- Point of contact for US and auditors for contract.
- Assist with export control management as required
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
- Experience in establishing and administering changes to complex contracts in a multi-disciplinary. environment.
- Managing large, complex contracts.
- Experience with defence contracting is highly desirable
Applicants will need to obtain or hold a current Baseline Clearance.
Applicants will need to be able to obtain a Baseline Clearance and be willing to travel to our CBD Melbourne office.