Software Engineer - TSPV
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos Australia, our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
Our Classified business stream based in Melbourne is experiencing ongoing growth. To support this we are seeking talented agile software engineers who hold an existing Positive Vetting (PV) security clearance.
Our exciting classified programs develop mission critical systems covering a wide breadth of software engineering disciplines including enterprise systems, web applications, cyber security, geospatial systems and real-time signal processing. These are developed using the latest agile processes and industry best practices, leveraging leading commercial and open source frameworks and tools.
So if you have a desire to expand your career in a dynamic and collaborative work place that encourages innovation, with a work scope that provides a real sense of purpose, then this role is for you!
You will carry out and/or lead varied software engineering assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with agile processes and industry best practices, such as:
• Participate/lead agile story mapping and estimation
• Design innovative software solutions to complex problems
• Develop software leveraging a Test Driven Development mindset
• Contribute to Continuous Integration processes
• Integration and deployment of complex systems using DevOps practices
• Web focused User Interface development and User Experience evolution
• Research and development, prototyping and investigations
• Support of operational systems
• Participate in customer workshops
• Develop/deliver customer end-user training
You will have a positive attitude with a desire to be part of a successful team!
We have opportunities based in Melbourne's South Eastern suburbs, or in the Melbourne CBD.
You have a Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with software engineering experience).
Positions are available for candidates with a range of industry work experience from 2 yrs to 20 yrs.
This role requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to obtain a TSPV security clearance.
Leidos offers competitive remuneration, interstate relocation assistance, and a flexible work environment.
Push your boundaries within a supportive culture and redefine what’s possible for our customers and your career.