- Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative, effective, efficient and sustainable answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian – that’s where you come in.
Our IT Projects and Intelligence business deliver bespoke to integrated off-the shelf software applications, along with large scale data centre infrastructure capability to deliver solutions for a range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) domain, other government and commercial organisations. We have several opportunities to contribute to the engineering strategy for important federal government programs, and a step through the door to many more.
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for performing complex systems engineering assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and technical knowledge.
We have roles available to join the team in Clayton with some roles available in CBD locations.
As a Systems Engineer, your role will include:
- Developing and revising technical specifications and documentation, including technology specific data models to support application needs
- Developing and enforcing optimised engineering processes required to minimise engineering risks and achieve the desired engineering outcomes
- Contributing to architecture and specialty engineering aspects of the system design
- Participation in technical and program reviews at varying levels with management and customers, including review of subcontractor involvement
- Participation in system change reviews to assess the security impact of those changes
- Contribution to project planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders
You will have a Bachelor degree or higher in engineering, computer science, information technology or a related discipline, together with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training. Relevant certifications or Professional membership would be desirable. Australian Citizenship and the ability to obtain an NV1 security clearance will be required for this role.
You'll also have:
- Substantial professional experience working in a project engineering environment (preferably in a similar industry)
- Professional experience in project contract management with demonstrable record of success and achievement
- Knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including systems and enterprise architecture, software and ICT engineering and interface protocols
- Experience working on large, complex ICT or ISR projects
Your personal and professional attributes will include strong and proven problem solving and organisational skills. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to coach and mentor others to further the professional development of the team.
As a business we are focusing on setting people up for growth and success, so individuals can develop specialist skills and make significant contributions whilst broadening their experience within the defence field. If this sounds like you and you have the right attitude coupled with the willingness to challenge yourself and want to lead a team delivering capability for national security – apply today.