- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
Your New Role
A defence program of this nature, in complexity and scope, is rarely seen in the market. This is your opportunity to join a high performing Engineering team who support new and existing capabilities for Defence's enterprise information systems. In this role, your focus will be to perform technical planning, system build, integration and verification and validation.
Working in a fast-paced environment in a collaborative team with mixed skillsets, you will be working on project planning, implementation and integration activities. You will be able to take guidance under minimal supervision to complete tasks as part of a project team.
You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees within Leidos and its partners as well as our Defence customers. You will be able to provide assistance to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large-scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer’s business critical systems.
About You and What You'll Bring
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale in a unique environment. Defence industry experience would be highly desirable, tertiary studies in IT or a related field would be valued but not essential. Experience with the following technology is highly desirable:
- Knowledge of any the following technical disciplines: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft System Centre, Microsoft Windows Server, Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere, NetApp storage, Cisco UCS, McAfee Security Suite, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Red Hat Satellite, AWS, Azure, Google Kubernetes, Docker;
- Strong knowledge in VMware and Microsoft Server/management technologies is required;
- Must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures related to Cloud technologies;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure;
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
NV1 Clearance is required as a minimum, with ability to obtain a clearance of NV2.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. We have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.