Head of HR Governance and Workplace Relations
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
Join the Australian HR Leadership team, reporting to the Australian HR Director, with responsibility for the HR Governance and Workplace Relations Centre of Excellence. We're a rapidly growing global ICT organisation who are on a transformation journey, working to develop our capability and maturity as a business.
Opportunities to deliver impact in this role include:
- Designing and developing products and services, while maturing capability in an organization undergoing significant growth;
- Balancing the dynamic capacity requirements of supporting reactive operational issues (investigations, case management and advice) with developing and designing solutions that will lift capability, mitigate risk and enable productivity;
- Navigating the global requirements of a US based head office with the local legislative, industrial and customer requirements.
On a day to day level, the role may include:
- Designing and delivering Workplace Relations frameworks, policies, processes, reporting and education;
- Providing advice to HRBPs and line managers on investigations and act as an escalation point for complex matters;
- Leading or guiding Workplace Relations & Ethics investigative matters;
- Providing SME advice to stakeholders on Australian industrial relations frameworks and industrial instrument interpretation, education and application;
- Responsibility for HR policy framework compliance with US and Australian requirements;
- Responsibility for HR governance including design and development of enterprise People Plan frameworks and reporting to executive team and HR business operating rhythms;
- Leading for HR audit, SOX, regulatory and compliance reviews.
About you and what you'll bring
You're a Senior HR professional with deep, current Australian workplace relations knowledge and experience working at the leadership level. You have experience with Fair Work Australia requirements and industrial instruments (Awards essential, EBA knowledge desirable) and are comfortable leading escalated matters and providing advisory to senior business leaders and executives.
You have experience in scoping, planning, delivering & reporting on strategic and operational people plans and initiatives to improve workforce and /or organizational effectiveness. You must have experience designing and delivering multi channel Workplace Relations training for HR and the workforce. Audit and change management experience is required.
What you will love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and an ability to obtain an AGSVA security clearance.