- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in
Your new role:
We have an opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join one of our key new Federal Government programs. In this role, you will lead the design and definition of the system architecture for complex software intensive computer systems.
Key functions of the role include:
- Partnering with customer in developing System Architectural strategy, strategic technology plans and implement new technologies to transform operations to better serve the customer’s needs.
- Lead in designing, specifying, selecting and developing information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Responsible for all architecture design, development and deployment of a cost effective and sustainable infrastructure for the customer.
- Devising new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners and draw conclusions from comparative situations.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the customer on all matters relating to technical architecture for the program.
- Developing and maintain models of current and future architectures within defined solutions.
You will be able to use your excellent interpersonal skills which will include communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, presentation at a senior external level, with Skills in designing and building high availability systems with the following technologies and domains (or similar):
- ESRI Suite
- TIBCO EBX
- Oracle, and
- cloud solutions
You also have
- A Bachelor degree or higher in ICT or a related discipline, together with relevant professional experience and specialised training.
- Your career will demonstrate that you consistently produce excellent results in complex environments and that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Your personal and professional attributes will include strong leadership and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and to influence key stakeholders.
Due to the nature of the work this role will require applicants to be Australian Citizens with the ability to obtain an NV-1 clearance.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.