- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network and employing over 32,000 people globally we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Your New Role
We currently have an exciting and rare opportunity to join the Australian Executive Leadership team as the Finance Director, accountable for the strategic, financial & regulatory health of the Australian business including strategic financial guidance, decision making and assurance of financial compliance. This role is also responsible for leading a high performing multidisciplinary Finance function, including general accounting, financial planning and analysis, capital asset management, payroll, and local treasury functions.
Your overall responsibility will be to manage project proposal development and deliver complex solutions to programs, which will include managing stakeholder and customer engagements, while leading the project teams to ensure delivery against our customer requirements.
In addition you will also be accountable the following:
- Understanding and delivering on the requirements of the US shareholder and the Australian business and customers.
- Developing the next generation of Finance leaders and ensuring succession bench depth in critical roles
- Delivering impeccable service quality to key stakeholders, particularly to the Lines of Business and Business Development
- Supporting the organization for aggressive long term growth and complexity, including entry into new sectors and businesses, and potential acquisitions
- Indirect responsibility for the Financial Control team for the delivery of accurate and timely statutory accounting and taxation functions in Australia while ensuring adequate controls are in place
About You and What You'll Bring
You are a strategic senior finance enterprise leader either currently working in an Australian CFO, Director or in a Senior Finance position with experience leading and developing multiple functions across complex environments. Your understanding of pricing large Australia government tenders and experience in large, long term complex programs will see you thrive in this growing business and help shape future strategic initiatives positively impacting the Australian enterprise.
The opportunity to be part of building and shaping the Australian business with your current experience and background. This is a true enterprise leadership role with access to executive coaching and development opportunities.