System Administrator / L2-3 Support Engineer Lead
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network and employing over 32,000 people globally we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Your New Role
In this newly established team for a key Department of Defence service, you will lead and coordinate the Level 2 and Level 3 (L2/3) ITSM support for mission system applications and development centre software tools. Your role will directly providing technical support, troubleshooting of technical issues and ensure continual operations of services to meet required KPIs. Your strong customer service and communication abilities will ensure you effectively interact with users and other service providers .
A day in this role will involve:
- Lead and coordinate the work of the L2/3 support service team
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user, distributed mission system applications and development centre support tools, including coordination with infrastructure and network administrators.
- Respond to and and manage the resolution of incidents and problems, including triage, investigation, escalations, liaison between the L2/3 support service and end user and post incident follow up.
- System administration, monitoring and reporting, including Change Management and Quality Assurance of Production and Pre-Production environments for both Mission System applications and Development Centre tools
- Installation/deployment of software updates, patches and fixes in line with procedures and processes
- Maintain system and operational documentation and ensure knowledge base currency
About You and What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience with troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing and resolving customer issues
- Windows server and Linux administration skills and knowledge of networks, network protocols and tools
- Experience with scripting languages and task automation
- Basic database administration skills for common DB types such as MS SQL and Oracle
- Experience working with software development teams and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working in a Defence environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small to medium sized shift-based technical support teams
- Strong focus on customer service and outcome. Advantageous if you are coming from a service management background supporting a configuration management software.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment
- Knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management processes
- Experience with ticketing, knowledge management and ITSM products such as JIRA, HP ALM and Confluence
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at NV2 level – Australian citizenship is a mandatory requirement.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.