- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network and employing over 32,000 people globally we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Your New Role
We have an opportunity for a Data Analyst to join an important Defence program that will design, build and deliver an enterprise data integration and discovery platform within the C4ISR domain. In this key role you will design, develop, build, install, test and evaluate data analytics solutions that utilise Big Data technologies.
Other functions of the role include:
- analysis of user requirements and development of relevant analytical models,
- data preparation and blending,
- data analysis,
- data visualisations and reporting.
- deploying and supporting data analytics solutions with a focus on performance and security.
About You and What You'll Bring
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst with strong analytical skills working with both structured and unstructured data, and a good knowledge and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of Data Analytics.
Other skills and experience include:
- Substantial experience working in a similar role within an engineering or project environment,
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement solutions that satisfy complex needs for data mining, data analysis and data visualisation,
- Experience with Data Analytics/ Data Science architectures,
- Knowledge of Modern Data Analytics/ Data Science tools for data analysis, visualisation and reporting,
- Appreciation of Data curation and data quality
Essential Skills: hands-on proven commercial experience with
- SQL Server technologies,
- Programming/ scripting in Python, Java,
- Power BI technologies,
It will be highly desirable to have familiarity with
- Elasticsearch/ Elastic Stack,
- A broad range of data technologies, such as Postgres, Azure,
- Qualitative analysis.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.