Data Governance Analyst
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your new role
Our IT Projects and Intelligence business has an opportunity for a Data Governance Analyst. Working on our Federal Government customer programs, your role is responsible for the design and definition of new and/or existing systems to meet customer requirements.
The Data Governance Analyst shall develop and implement data quality standards, creating methods for monitoring and reporting data integrity and other incidents. You will conduct maturity assessment of existing data management processes; prepare gap analysis and an implementation roadmap to achieve robust data management outcomes and maturity across the program and organisation. You will assist with data monitoring and provide organisation management with guidance on streamlining data management.
Key functions of the role include:
- Conduct Data management maturity assessment and prepare a roadmap outlining key activities to achieve organisational and program outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of information management strategies and policies to set governance and standards to meet the organisational and program objectives.
- Develop data management policies, procedures, principles and governance frameworks to effectively manage information lifecycles including robust collection, cataloguing, publication, archival and disposal of data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and assist in implementing data governance and standards across the organisation.
- Facilitate and support communication initiatives that build data awareness and compliance.
- Define, capture and manage business requirements, prepare business cases and assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of the approved data governance framework, including standards, guidelines, procedures and roles.
- Lead requirements gathering workshops, and other data governance and management related workshops.
About you and what you'll bring
- Demonstrable information governance, records management and content management experience
- Knowledge and experience of Data Management, Enterprise Architecture and information governance best practice, methods and frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed for effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective analytical abilities in order to examine existing data management process and make recommendations on improvements
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or information management
- TOGAF and DMBOK experience and certification desirable
- Knowledge and experience working with metadata standards including ISO19115, WIGOS, AGLS and W3C DCAT is desirable
- Experience leading data management maturity improvement initiatives, development of data dictionaries, data quality metrics, business glossaries and metadata catalogues
- Ability to work autonomously and maintain effective communication across different business areas with varying levels of awareness and knowledge to ensure strategic and business requirements are met
This role will require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen with a current Baseline clearance and ability to obtain NV1 .
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.
For more information, visit www.Leidos.com