- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Contract
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently employ over 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
We have an opportunity to join our Defence Mission Systems group to support the delivery of customer programs (defence and federal government). In this role, you will create, develop or edit, in clear and concise language, such technical documents as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of IT systems. Your outstanding interpersonal skills will ensure you verify knowledge by interviewing team members engaged in developing new products and services or in making improvements.
Your accountabilities will include:
- developing technical documentation format that is compliant to contractual agreements.
- standardising and editing technical documentation prepared by managers, engineers, architects and other technical team members.
- ensuring materials are organised and completed within identified timeframes in accordance with defined standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- conducting technical document content verification activities including desktop analysis and participation during tests.
- assisting in the development of in house and project documentation.
You'll have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills along with good time management, planning and organising skills. You are analytically minded with strong problem-solving skills and hold a high level of initiative and self-motivation. You'll also have:
- significant experience in technical writing within a large, complex environment
- good knowledge across a broad array of technology and domains
- high level proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Due to the nature of the work, a security clearance at minimum NV1 is required.