Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Architect
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Leidos Australia is the largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government and provides a number of critical systems integration projects to the Department of Defence. We also deliver service management, including service desk, for the Australian Tax Office, supporting 25,000 ATO end users.
Your new role
This is a newly created role that needs to pick up and run with the current state of the environment and improve, improve, improve!
Leidos has seen this program through,scoping, transforming, lifting and shifting environments and building lasting relationships -working collaboratively with the customer to ensure outcomes are met.
Whilst you would expect that once a large scale transformation is delivered, you would take breathe and be happy with the status quo, you will find our Architects and Architecture teams are coming together across accounts (Defence and Federal Government) and environments looking to collaborate more closely and ensure we are continuing to deliver not only the outcomes our clients want - however really looking to the future and how we can ensure our clients have best ideas and teams that are listening to their needs - matching the innovation - collaboration with the delivery is key.
As the architect, you will take responsibility for strategic development of the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) for a major ICT supplier to Dept of Defence. You will develop a road-map and execution strategy for the sustainment and ongoing development of this core capability, for systems engineers to execute against.
About you and what you will need:
Mulesoft will be in your DNA, you will be a collaborative sort - happy to mentor coach and instruct, as one of the Architects, these are key skills to ensure the engineering teams come to you for guidance in this space.
You will review our existing ESB architecture and develop an API library for integration with third parties inside the organisation to leverage. You will primarily support the ITSM team, the Chief Technology Office and major programs of work within the organisation. Additionally, the opportunity to work across accounts, both national and international is available for a successful candidate.
- Build the ESB capability in line with the current requirements, while providing a system adaptable to strategic change;
- Proactively research and develop technical uplift considerations for the ESB;
- Engage with both Support & Project teams of the organisation to understand current impediments and future pipeline;
- Work with Defence and Third party vendors for Enterprise wide integration of current and future tool-sets.
Degree in a relevant field, or significant successful experience in delivering ESB capability at an enterprise scale.
- Strong MuleSoft ESB experience critical; ServiceNow knowledge highly desired;
- You understand Defence Industry & Government IT sector;
- Architecture Framework certification (TOGAF, DODAF, etc.).
- Ability to write high quality architectural and design documentation;
- Excellent stakeholder management with a proven ability to develop relationships;
- Ability to navigate, learn, influence and quickly adapt to new requirements and problem sets.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.