Business Development Manager - Defence
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Leidos Australia is the largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government and provides a number of critical systems integration projects to the Department of Defence.
We’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Your New Role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for business development for Leidos products and services in Australia, focusing on Defence to identify, qualify and capture new business opportunities and collaborate with the business area for growth in the region. This is a role that will see you engaged across all parts of Leidos. Specific tasks include (are not limited to):
- Identify, qualify and opportunities capture new business for Leidos, particularly with Service Headquarter minor projects Defence Capability & Sustainment Group for major projects
- Execute the Company’s business capture management processes.
- Coordinate customer relationships critical to new business development including partnership development.
- Establish and maintain enduring, inclusive relationships and communication with key stakeholders (Service Headquarters, Capability & Sustainment Group, CIO Group, Strategic Policy & Defence) at appropriate levels to qualify and grow the Defence business.
- Contribute to Request for Tender responses.
- Provide input into current and long range business strategies to enhance the Company’s position in Australia
About You and What You'll Bring
In addition to your outstanding stakeholder management skills, it is desirable that you will have either of the following skills and experience;
- An understanding of Defence/Military Operations
- An understanding of Defence Capability Lifecycle and Defence Acquisition Process
- A strong network within Defence (A background in Naval systems, is desirable)
You will have an excellent level of competency and knowledge of the functional areas with substantial hands-on experience within Defence or Defence Industry. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to collaborate and network with senior stakeholders and enjoy engaging with people. This role will be well suited to someone who is passionate about contributing to the success of a company and Defence missions.
This role requires the successful applicant to hold a current Baseline clearance and to be able to gain an NV1 Security Clearance.
This role can either be based in Canberra or Melbourne