- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your new role
Our IT Projects and Intelligence business has an opportunity for a Systems Architect. Working on our customer programs within the Defence environment, your role is responsible for the design and definition of new and/or existing systems to meet customer requirements .
The Systems Architect shall define system specifications, integrations and coordinate the design of technology solutions. This role has a focus on assisting in the Architecture of a significant Cloud solution. You will define proposals of work, work estimates and quotes, so experience in high quality writing and solution design is imperative.
Key functions of the role include:
- Assist in Architecture of the CP Cloud solution and guide the team in the build phase in technically implementing the solution
- Technical assistance in the Platform(i.e.PaaS) build where required
- Contribute to basis of estimates (BOE) and bills of material (BOM) for proposals
- Identify, analyse and mitigate project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Design and define system architectures and produce detailed level designs (DLDs) for new or existing systems
- Lead technical requirements gathering, design, roles and responsibilities, and other system-related workshops
- Co-ordinate and manage design compliance and governance activities with projects to ensure successful business outcomes
- Develop and maintain models of current and future architectures within defined solutions
- Present business cases for IT solutions
About you and what you'll bring
You are a an experienced systems Architect, ideally with experience in a Defence environment. You have demonstrated experience delivering ICT solution proposals, business cases and/or supporting bids for internal and external stakeholders.
For this role you will need to have broad and deep knowledge with a range of technologies including end user computing, application hosting, databases, virtualisation, infrastructure. Experienced with cloud solutions, specifically Platform as a Service would be highly desirable.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold an NV1 or NV2 security clearance.
What you'll love
This is a close-knit team who love to celebrate success together. An exclusive contract, you'll never be short of work, opportunity or challenge and the complexity in size and scope of the Centralised Processing program make this a career defining experience. A high performing team, you'll enjoy working with driven, intelligent and truly collaborative people who have a strong brand both internally and with their customer and an excellent track record of delivery.