Release Manager Team Leader
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
In order to support growth in our Delivery organisation, Leidos Australia is seeking an experienced Release Management Team Lead for a permanent opportunity. Working as a Team leader you will be responsible for managing and leading, contribution towards team goals and overseeing day-to-day operations of the Release Management team.
The roles responsibilities extend to:
- Day-to-day management of a team of Release Managers / Coordinators
- Provide daily direction and communication to team members
- Become the primary contact point for teams day-to-day operations
- Mentoring and developing the capabilities of team members
- Manage and report on all Release Management activities within defined time periods
- Respond to Release Management requests in accordance with policies and procedures and contributing to the ongoing improvement of the process
- Monitoring and management of the SOE Releases across multiple environments
- Identify and manage any potential business impacts of planned releases
- Develop and review Release Management documentation
- Contribute to Service Level Reporting in line with contractual requirements
- Providing timely and professional communication to all levels of the business
About you and what you’ll bring
- 3+ years of Release Management experience in a large complex IT environment
- Demonstrated ability in providing leadership, direction and coordination to a team of professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Extensive understanding of ITIL
- Current NV1 or NV2 clearance.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV-2 or NV-1 security clearance. If you hold an NV-1 you must be willing to go through the process of gaining your NV-2.
With over 20 years local experience, Leidos Australia provides an unparalleled breadth of capability to our customers through our highly skilled and security cleared local workforce; now in excess of 1000 people. We are committed to delivering innovative and cost effective solutions, managing risks, working collaboratively and drawing on our global experience. We aim to be the market leader in government science and technology solutions and a respected employer in the community.