C4ISR Systems Engineer
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your New Role
This newly created role will find you working with the capture professionals, within business development to help with opportunity identification. You will be the technical expert and provide technical analysis and assessment in the early phases of new business development. This role will see you working across the business to support decisions on future growth, and you will find yourself writing tender response documents, matching this with your passion for preparing innovative and pragmatic solutions coupling this with the satisfaction of putting together the right solution to support defence.
A typical day could include:
- Working in a bid team, to identify strategies, products and teaming partners in order to form a cohesive solution offering for a complex C4ISR, ASDEFCON tender, including documenting the solution in a clear and coherent manner.
- Writing Tender response documents (TDRs) during the tender, working with other parts of the bid team to allow the technical aspects of the proposal to be understood and accurately represented across the proposal documents.
- Estimation of technical effort and risk as part of the overall pricing proposal
- Perform information systems enterprise level engineering tasks.
- Supporting the projects with System Engineering task
- Contribute to road maps for Business Development and Science/ Engineering/ Technology (SET) .
- Global dialog in particular with US and UK. Engage with wider Leidos organisation through the Leidos Technical Core Competencies (TCCs) framework
- Travel interstate (up to 4 times a month) and approx. annually internationally