- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Leidos Australia is the largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government and provides a number of critical systems integration projects to the Department of Defence. We also deliver service management, including service desk, for the Australian Tax Office, supporting 25,000 ATO end users.
This position will see you undertaking the 3 D’s = Design, Develop and Deploy the CTO teams vision. This encompasses the Enterprise architecture patterns to support IT service management, delivery and operations of a Hybrid Cloud and large end user environments. You will develop and own the architecture and strategy for both service management, end user workspace and hybrid cloud environments. Driving a detail future road map from concept design to implementation by coordinating process change, functionality change and outcomes. Working closely with the client and the greater team you will be able to manage and support this vision to delivery.
About you and what you will bring:
Your expertise in translating the vision to the various stakeholders will be your core function, as well as motivating the team to deliver to a well-executed plan. You will be a change agent that has exceptional technical capability at their core, however a strong focus on bringing the team together to ensure we meet our deliverables. We are an outcome focused team that are keen to work with our large federal Government customers to enable them to be the best in any given situation.
At Leidos we are proud of the relationship we have established with our clients and we are constantly “pushing the boundaries of possible” to ensure we not only partner with our clients, however be able to put in place a road map to continuous improvement.
Joining a well-established team you will function as the 2IC to the CTO. You will help translate the strategy and vision.
You and your team will be involved in some of the below:
- Responsible for forward planning to evolve service management capabilities across a disparate vendor environment. Solution includes full range of services – technology platform, process integration, capability enhancement evolution, integration to ATO or governance framework and the like.
- Develop and assess technical architectures, design and framework for the platform by engaging with current and new vendors.
- Develop systems architectures to include use case modelling, domain modelling and utilisation of common tools, processes to increase the level of automation in managing architecture processes.
- Develop reference architectures for platform capabilities across disciplines and projects.
- Research, evaluate and develop proposals for advancement of business capability with value mappings to support business cases.
- Develop technical specifications and documentation, including technology specific data models to support application needs.
- Perform application development and testing of components, modifications, and overall systems in addition to application tuning, problem analysis and resolution.
- Develop and implement training and documentation for applications.
- Contribute to the overall software development lifecycle including requirements gathering / analysis, design, development technologies, release / version control, testing and deployment.
What you will love:
You will be able to use your excellent interpersonal skills which will include communication skills ,negotiation and influencing skills, presentation at a senior external level, with, including:
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Ability to lead, monitor and supervisor
- Exceptional systems engineering / architect skills
- Expert authority in the development of solutions to complex problems that require an exceptional degree ingenuity; creativity and resourcefulness
- Authority in the interactions between the project management and engineering disciplines
- Exceptional analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously in a professional and team environment
- Exceptional ability in the resolution of complex technical issues
- Superior consultancy skills to top management in long range planning and highly significant architectural / project matters