Senior Commercial Manager - Defence
- Scoresby VIC 3179, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in…
About The Role
As the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for the management of commercial aspects in relation to a major and high profile Defence project.
- Provide expert contract and commercial advice and management to the project and to Leidos’ corporate areas and other projects, as required, both for contracts and sub-contracts.
- Develop contracting positions based upon the contract terms, articulating that position to the business and effective articulate and negotiate the position to/with the Customer to ensure effective Project execution.
- Develop contracting strategies including the development of methodology to reduce or mitigate program risk, increase cash flow and increase program profitability.
- Manage all commercial aspects of the project to ensure leidos meets its contractual obligations in a timely manner and ensure customer/supplier compliance with their obligations as appropriate
- Manage the proposal development process including developing proposal positions, articulate the position to the business and ensure the business develops a compliant and competitive proposal.
- Identify commercial and contractual issues or opportunities within contracts/subcontracts, and address them in a timely and effective manner.
- Undertake advanced contract negotiations, as required.
- Actively support new business activities including reviewing terms and conditions of tender and contract, preparation of compliance matrixes, provision of advice on commercial-in-confidence material, insurances, conflicts of interest etc.
About You and What You Will Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
Extensive experience (5-10yrs) in similar commercial roles either:
- Administering, managing and leading commercial aspects of large ASDEFCON based defence acquisition and sustainment contracts
- Establishing and administering changes to complex contracts in a multi-disciplinary. environment.
- Managing large, complex sub-contracts (services contracts).
- Developing new business proposals and advising on commercial risks.
This role will be based at our Scoresby office.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to be able to obtain a security clearance.