Systems Administrator - Storage (Clayton)
- Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
Your new role
Due to growth and demand, we have a new opportunity for a Storage specialist to join our team supporting large Defence ICT environment. Your key responsibilities will involve maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. You’ll also coordinate installation and provide backup recovery for IT systems and manage storage and back-up infrastructure, including troubleshooting and issue rectification, utilising Netapp Storage and CommVault solutions across the environment
Other key duties may include:
- Interacting with users and evaluating vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for the use and maintenance of assets and systems.
- Provide technical solutions on a wide range of complex IT related problems.
- Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects.
You are an experienced Systems Administrator who has ideally worked in a large, complex environment. You are well versed in the following technologies / tools:
- Netapp Storage Technologies
- Netapp Management Tools
- Proven experience with using OnCommand Unified Manager for system management and monitoring
- Integration with commvault Technologies
- Commvault Simpana V10 and above
- Media Streaming and Intellisnap
- Storage remediation activities
- Commvault Application patching
- ·Backup and restore Process creation and maintenance
- Administering backup capabilities to clients recommendations
You have the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment, and can manage multiple, concurrent activities and have a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Due to the nature of the role we require the successful applicant to hold a minimum NV-1 security clearance and be eligible for NV-2 upgrade.
Push your boundaries within a supportive culture and redefine what’s possible for our customers and your career.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.