Business Development Manager – Federal Government / Intelligence
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Your New Role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for business development for Leidos products and services in Australia, focusing on Federal Government and Intelligence customers to identify, qualify and capture opportunities and collaborate with the business area for growth in the region. This is a role that will see you engaged across all parts of Leidos. Specific tasks include (are not limited to):
- Identify and qualify opportunities, capturing new business for Leidos, particularly with Intelligence and Federal Government customers
- Coordinate customer relationships critical to on-contract growth and new business development including partnership development.
- Establish and maintain enduring, inclusive relationships and communication with key stakeholders at appropriate levels to qualify and grow the Federal Government and Intelligence business.
- Execute our capture management processes, working closely with capture managers to deliver winning proposals meeting client requirements.
- Lead and/or contribute to Request for Tender responses.
- Provide input into current and long range business strategies to enhance the Leidos position in Australia
About You and What You'll Bring
In addition to your outstanding stakeholder management skills and Bid/Proposal support, it is desirable that you will have of either the following skills or experience:
- An understanding of Federal Government and/or Australian Intelligence Community Landscapes
- A network within Federal Government and/or Australian Intelligence Community
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership, people management and commercial skills.
You will have an excellent level of competency and knowledge within Federal Government and/or Australian Intelligence Community. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to collaborate and network with senior stakeholders and enjoy engaging with people. This is a great opportunity to contribute to winning good new business for our enterprise. If you are looking for a new and challenging role, this might be your career defining opportunity!
This role will be based at our Bourke Street office in the City.
Applications Close 11pm, Thursday 5th September
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to hold a current Baseline Clearance and the ability to obtain an NV1 Clearnace.