Intern Software Developer - 12 Months Fixed Term
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Graduate
Leidos is a large scale systems integration company weaving together information technology, engineering and science to deliver unique and practical solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. We are Australia’s largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government, so not only is it interesting work, but we also help to safeguard our country. In Australia we have over 1,000 employees based mainly in Melbourne and Canberra and we are supported by a global network turning over $12b revenue and employing over 32,000 employees. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
The Leidos industry based learning program is 12 months in length (January 2020 - December 2020) and ideal for someone in their penultimate year at university.
Your new role
An average week for an Intern Software Developer could include a wide range of activities, including:
- Design and implement efficient, appropriate and correct algorithms, data structures, database definitions, object classes, inheritance hierarchies, user interfaces and other software components.
- Write code adhering to quality management principles adopted within the software development environment, including development of unit and system tests and peer code review.
- Build software releases, install and configure of software required for project delivery.
- Write relevant documentation.
- Work effectively in a team of software engineers/developers.
- Ensure customers are supported and reported problems are investigated and resolved, meeting Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Meet project deadlines for delivery of software modules.
- To be responsible for identifiable areas within developed applications
Interns will be supported to develop their skills and knowledge specific to this role, to ensure they are able to contribute and reach their highest potential.
About you and what you’ll bring
This role is for someone looking for a 12 month intern/industry based learning program and ideal for someone who is completing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related discipline, such as:
- Bachelor Software Engineering
- Bachelor Information Technology
- Bachelor Information Systems
- Bachelor Computer Science
- Bachelor Computing
Along with your education and any practical experience, Leidos values individuals who use their initiative and seek to understand the business and develop relationships based on respect.
What you’ll enjoy…
As a Leidos intern, you will be working on interesting and challenging projects. Students who are successful in completing an internship at Leidos are highly regarded for entry into our graduate program
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.