Technical Service Delivery Manager
- Kingston ACT 2604, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Leidos Australia is the largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government and provides a number of critical systems integration projects to the Department of Defence. We also deliver service management, including service desk, for the Australian Tax Office, supporting 25,000 ATO end users.
Your New Role
You will be managing a team of highly skilled technical specialists and SME's in a multidisciplinary environment. Your team will work closely with our Service Delivery, Engineering, & Technical Operations Teams to develop and maintain support services for a large Government end user estate. Yours is a critical, client facing role to ensure delivery and sustainment of high quality services as part of our on-going contract.
In this role your responsibilities will be to:
- Engage with customers, engineers, operations and other stakeholders to identify solutions and service improvements, driving the engineering of permanent and interim solutions, and transition from project to operations;
- Oversee the service to customers to ensure effective service delivery and service levels are met for timely response and quality resolution of problems;
- Assess customers' risks and needs, recommend appropriate service offerings, and develop relevant action plans;
- Preparing monthly managed services reporting for Executive level clients as well as internal process improvement activities, and work with the client and internal stakeholders to identify and improvement activities;
- Conduct and attend (or manage delegation as appropriate) client governance meetings with senior stakeholders, innovation workshops and business continuity rehearsals;
- Monitoring contract obligations to ensure compliance with roles and responsibilities, manage disengagements and achieve high customer satisfaction and trust;
- Constantly monitor and document recommendations formally via service delivery plan including SLAs and KPIs.
About you and what you'll bring
You are a highly experienced technical Systems Engineer with both breadth and depth of expertise in a range of technologies. You have experience managing a team and you excel in establishing yourself as a trusted adviser to Executive client groups. You've worked with multidisciplinary engineering teams and on large scale, complex programs of work.
- You will have proven knowledge with functional and technical processes and disciplines and have the ability to positively contribute towards processes as well as service delivery processes;
- Hands on technical experience in an Engineering / Operational capacity as well as financial experience across managed services accounts is desirable;
- Should be an analytical thinker with a proven ability to translate complex problems into feasible, valuable solutions.
- ITIL V3 certified.
- Develops and communicate reporting metrics and/or program dashboards to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously without impact to quality of work.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to be able to obtain a baseline security clearance.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.