Senior Technical Writer
- Scoresby VIC 3179, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
The role will primarily be authoring operator and maintenance manuals to Australian Defence Force standards. The content materiel will be based on the information provided by the original equipment manufacturers.
Under the direction of a designated supervisor, perform the following functions as individual:
- Prepare technical documentation that are compliant to DEF(AUST) 5629B or S1000D.
- Prepare technical documentation based on content provided by managers, engineers, technicians and other personnel.
- Conduct technical document verification activities including desktop analysis, and participation during tests and trials.
- Organise material and complete assignments within identified timeframes in accordance with defined standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Create and maintain publication structures, technical data lists, and technical meeting minutes.
- Assist in the development of corporate and project documentation.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, environment, safety, duty of care, and the quality management system.
- Any other duties as required.
At least a Diploma from an accredited institution in a technical / maintenance related discipline.Four or more years of technical writing experience.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment.
- Strong working knowledge of DEF(AUST) 5629B
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Experienced with authoring software such as Acrobat
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skill
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation