Service Transition Planning & Support Coordinator
- Kingston ACT 2604, Australia
- Job Type: Fixed Term
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
About your new role
Join a high profile program working on site with the client. We have a 12 month fixed term contract to lead and coordinate the transition of multiple Programs of work of varying scope & complexity from projects into service / BAU operations. Due to scope there is potential for this role to continue longer term.
The role will involve broad stakeholder management with both internal and external parties so experience in this area is key. Your diplomatic style will see you form strong relationships and drive outcomes, leading to a smooth transition of programs of work. You are the key conduit between program, support and technical teams to ensure clear communication and cohesive work between all parties. Key aspects of the role include:
- Proactively identify & raise risks to successful transition to service and escalate through the appropriate channels to ensure the risk is understood and is either accepted or mitigated;
- Provide subject matter expertise at a high level across all ITIL Service management disciplines to ensure the validations & signoffs being provided by project, support & service management teams are covering all reasonable aspects of a good transition to service;
- Work closely with the Service design coordinator & analyst to understand any design activities required to be completed by the project team and ensure they are being incorporated in build & test activities or highlight the gaps and raise risks.
About you and what you'll bring
You ideally have experience in Transition Planning and Support however professional experience in another ITIL function is also valued. Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a proactive approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships, as well as:
- Sound communication skills and an ability to build relationships with Project Managers based on credible advice and performance
- Professional experience working within a project or ITIL Service management area
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the integration between various ITIL Service management disciplines and essentials for projects successfully transitions to operations,
- Good working knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including software, systems and enterprise architecture, ITIL service management, Agile & DevOps.
Due to the nature of the work this role will require applicants to be Australian Citizens with baseline clearance or ability to obtain one.
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.