- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
We have an opportunity for a Project Coordinator to provide support in relation to a key Defence Projects. This includes establishment and maintenance of Project contract registers and reports and ensuring documentation configuration control is applied. This will also see you provide secretariat support to Project governance forums including creating and circulating meeting materials and recording meeting minutes
Reporting to the Project Management Office Manager, 'a day in life' will be;
- Creation and proactive management of contract registers including the reporting of variances to senior stakeholders.
- Ensure that document and artefact configuration control is maintained at all times
- Ensure document management processes including templates, review procedures, and registers are maintained.
- Provide secretariat support to Project meetings, both internal and external, including the creation of meeting materials and recording and circulating minutes.
- Participate in the operational aspects of projects and serves as liaison between management and project teams.
- Maintain the Project toolsets to identify, track and otherwise manage action items and deliverables arising from or associated with execution of the Project business rhythms and processes.
- Provide general support to Project Managers in the delivery of milestones.
- Management of work packages in support of the project managers
- Management of schedule work packages in support of the project managers
- Management of risks and issues in support of the project managers
Along with your ability to prioritise and work at a fast pace, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability develop strong relationships, you will also offer;
- Previous professional experience as a Project Coordinator / administrator.
- Professional experience in a similar role preferably in IT/Defence is preferred.
- An understanding of general aspects of the job with a limited understanding of the technical phases of the job.
- Professional experience and knowledge with computer software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
This is an opportunity to develop your skills and be fully supported if you choose Project Management as being the next step in your career. You will be support and valued as well as being surrounded by a team of high quality professionals to learn and grow.
This role will be based in the Canberra City Office.
Applications close 11pm, 25th July 2019
This role does require the successful applicant to hold a current NV1 Clearance.