- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
About the role and the project:
As the Training and Development Manage for the project you will lead the design, development and delivery of training for the next generation of CBRND equipment provided to the Australian Defence Force. This role will leads a team of training professionals and is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the training scope for both acquisition and support. It is a customer facing position, so you will need to foster a collaborative working relationship with our Commonwealth stakeholders to ensure the end user needs are exceeded.
About you and what you’ll bring:
Ideally you will come from a defence background, and have an understanding the end user. CBRND would be an advantage, however the ability to understand the training needs linked to a new capability will be key. It is a "green field" role where the intent is to train the trainers it, will need a creative and pragmatic training developer that has the following experience:
- Certificate IV Training and Education (TAE).
- At least a Diploma level qualification from an accredited institution in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with some relevant working experience and specialised training that is commensurate with the assignment.
- Desirable: ADF Training Development Officer Course.
- Desirable: Under or Post graduate qualifications in CBRN, engineering, training or other related fields.
- More than eight years’ leadership experience in military training and operations.
- Demonstrated experience an individual contributor and leader of small teams working across the training lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of the Systems Approach to Defence Learning (SADL) and/or the ADDIE Instructional Design framework.
- Demonstrated experience with Service Level and Performance Management.