- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos Australia, our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges
Our IT Projects and Intelligence business is experiencing growth with new and existing programs, and we have several long term opportunities Software Engineers / Programmers at all career levels. Candidates should be eligible to obtain a security clearance, and while we have some great work on programs that won’t require a clearance, successful candidates should be willing to undergo the process to obtain up to Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance. Roles are based in Melbourne CBD or Clayton.
As a Software engineer, you will undertake a range of activities, including:
- Liaise with system users to document a requirement or specification and understand their needs, goals, and any issues or limitations
- Use your skills to undertake software analysis, design, development and testing of software
- Solve complex problems using software related methodologies, processes, standards and tools
- Translate and implement development project requirements into physical database structures
- Apply data analysis and data modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications by correcting program errors, preparing instructions, analysing system capabilities and output requirements, in order to meet software standards
- Work as part of a team in an Agile environment to contribute to the overall success of program delivery by working on individual activities and collaborating to come together using configuration and version control
- Undertake independent learning to improve your knowledge of software development
We are looking for candidates who have experience with:
- Java or .net C#,
- enterprise web applications,
- enterprise search, analysis and reporting applications,
- frameworks such as spring and others
- Container experience eg docker, kubernetes
- nifi, kafka
- elastic, data analytics
- analytical SQL, hbase
- HDFS, Tibco orchestra
You have great communication and interpersonal skills, together with a collaborative approach which help to build a productive team.
This role requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold an existing government security clearance, or be eligible to obtain one.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.