Project & Systems Engineer
- Scoresby VIC 3179, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join a small team responsible for providing support to a recently delivered capability and for the introduction of additional new capabilities into service or a for the RAN. In this role you will be the owner of the product baseline and structures for all of the delivered systems and assist in the smooth transition of new capability into the service. Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the successful applicant will be the project lead Systems Engineer and will work closely with Field Services Representatives (FSRs), the customers technical organisation and - where required - provide support to the end users.
As this is new technology, this role will provide the preferred candidate with the opportunity to work closely with the deliver equipment to develop a deeper level of expertise in this area. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle, with a particularly understanding of configuration management, software management and the ability to troubleshoot identified faults.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical advice to end users of the system
- Conduct investigations into reported defects in the system
- Prepare Applications for Deviations and Engineering Change Proposals
- Provide inputs into potential enhancements to delivered system
Some local travel may be required to support customer review and for technical investigations
Bachelor degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or related fields;
- Involvement in detailed design and equipment acquisition of complex systems
- A detailed understanding of systems engineering processes and standards (i.e. EIA-632 or equivalent)
- More than 5 years Systems Engineering experience , preferably within the defence industry;
- An understanding of the key elements of Commonwealth Sustainment and ILS activities (or major capital asset management)
- Demonstrated experience developing engineering artefacts (Application for Deviation, Engineering Change Proposals and engineering investigation reports); and
- Experience in risk and hazard management within a regulatory environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and technical writing skills.
- Desirable, but not essential, is an understanding of design assurance, technical regulation and/or seaworthiness.
This position will require the candidate to be of Australian Citizen to hold and maintain a Baseline level clearance.