Enterprise Architect - Microsoft Platforms - Canberra or Melbourne
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in government, defence, intelligence, border protection and health markets. The company’s 32,000 diverse and talented staff support the vital missions of our customers.
This role will see you hold relevant and credible conversations with high profile technical and business leaders. This opportunity is about exciting the customer about not just the ‘why’ but also the ‘how to’ transform their Microsoft technology landscape to the current & future Microsoft platforms. In addition to that, you would then work with our highly skilled Microsoft technical delivery teams to provide direction, vision and be the technical authority over the Microsoft Architecture.
You will be capable of building a very strong relationship with Microsoft while providing guidance to Leidos technology teams to roll out the future “Desktop As a Service” architecture on Windows 10, Office and with potential integration to Azure services. Your strengths will be in your ability to convince and influence senior stakeholders decisions to enable Engineering teams to focus on delivery. Also while developing roadmaps and detail technology delivery plans with project managers to enable Engineering teams to focus on delivery.
You will form part of the CTO team and should be the Microsoft Platform thought leader for the CTO team:
You will also:
- Utilize your knowledge of enterprise architecture and Microsoft cloud services (including the latest innovations and solutions) to create roadmaps to your customers' desired future state.
- Have the ability to create roadmaps and migration plans to provide Desktop As a Service / End User Computing on Windows 10.
- Be able to guide our internal delivery and support teams to optimise the delivery of our Microsoft architectures by improving the current state.
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders to both with technology and business stakeholders to become their trusted technology advisor.
- Develop client end user computing roadmaps for Microsoft platforms across Active Directory, SQL, SCCM, SCOM, Office, Sharepoint and other products.
- Orchestrate activities across Microsoft and Partner resources to maximize business results, customer success and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate change management leadership skills by assisting customers with new business models, process and workflow changes, and employee impact assessments as they move towards the desired future state.
- Drive long-term growth by focusing on sustainable usage of cloud solutions that align to customer objectives and business value.
- Lead and guide solution architects by being hands-on with Microsoft technologies.
Key experiences, skills, and knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with equally good listening skills is essential.
- Excellent presentation and written skills of white papers, roadmap presentations, develop proposals and business cases.
- Proven Technical Experience delivering large scale transformation programs on Microsoft platforms especially End User Computing programs.
- Experience of having been a hands on solution architect across Microsoft platforms.
- Detail knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to drive their adoption and usage required
- Strong technical skills and implementation experience required on Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, Windows (current and legacy), Microsoft SDDC, Windows Evergreen and MS SQL.
- Experience in Consulting or Consultative selling will be an advantage.
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar information technology-related, or engineering discipline degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Microsoft certifications is a must on MCSA / Azure Certifications.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to be able to obtain a a baseline security clearance.
With over 20 years local experience, Leidos Australia provides an unparalleled breadth of capability to our customers through our highly skilled and security cleared local workforce; now in excess of 900 people. We are committed to delivering innovative and cost effective solutions, managing risks, working collaboratively and drawing on our global experience. We aim to be the market leader in government science and technology solutions and a respected employer in the community. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.