ICT Engineering Manager
- Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number over 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
As the ICT Engineering Manager, your role will heavily influence and direct outcomes for our organisation and the clients we support. Your direction of programs of work will be evident from inception through delivery utilising all facets of IT Engineering methodologies, technology and most importantly, the people within our organisation.
You will also be responsible for recruitment, training, performance assessments, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
Act as a customer contact for program activities, lead program review sessions with the customer to discuss schedule, technical performance and delivery. Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develop new business or expand the product line with the customer in line with the overall strategy. Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
Appropriate degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive relevant professional experience and specialised training that commensurate with the assignment. Relevant certifications in Project Management and ITIL Foundations and/or Professional membership would be desirable.
- Extensive professional experience working in a senior role within an engineering or project environment.
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a professional environment.
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, mentor and supervise.
- Advanced level of planning and organisational skills.
- Good initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
Candidates will preferably have an existing security clearance or must have the ability to obtain a baseline clearance.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.