- Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Join our team and help support an extensive messaging environment for a large Federal Government program here in Canberra. You will work with the respective business technology groups to administer, support and manage Microsoft Exchange messaging infrastructure deployments & functions.
About your new role:
- Maintenance and enhancement of our current infrastructure, evaluating new technologies and making/implementing recommendations to improve operational efficiencies;
- Managing problems and requests in line with the ITIL framework by utilising customised in-house toolsets;
- Providing a minimum of tier 3 infrastructure and application support;
- Project implementation and working with both the business IT teams & subject matter experts;
- Developing and deploying solutions as part of projects or initiatives according to organisation standards;
- Producing and maintaining technical system and operational documentation;
About you and what you’ll bring:
- Solid experience in messaging solutions, design and support in a medium-to-large scale environment;
- Comparable experience of administering a multi-domain / Messaging server environment over a wide area TCP/IP network;
- Well-established history of success with operational support, complimented with technical project involvement in this area;
- Significant experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 & 2016. O365 desirable.
- Jabber & Skype for Business messaging solution experience desirable;
- Powershell and VB scripting desirable;
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and other related technologies such as WINS, DHCP, DNS, etc.
Required Technical Experience
- Technical Experience of at least 2-3 years
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 & 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 desirable
- VMware virtualisation software
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS
- Enterprise level backup products and tape libraries
- Storage technologies, usage and administration. NetApp experience an advantage.
Following Certifications an advantage:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or MCTIP
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- ITIL Foundation
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and be ellegible to gain a Baseline Security Clearance
What you’ll love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.