Leidos Connect Manager
- Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.
Leidos Australia hosts a unique a high profile collaboration space, which provides our partners and clients access to multi-networked, flexible environments. This facility plays a key role in enabling our Research and Development efforts, showcasing capabilities in ICT, Big Data, CSISR, Geospacial and Cyber. The facility’s purpose is to design and propose new solutions utilising real technology and to also be used as a venue for agile workshops and other sessions – our Australian Cyber Centre is run from this facility too.
In a typical week, you will be:
- Managing the facility for internal use; including but not limited to scheduling, maintenance and communication
- Managing a small team of technical consultants and support staff to manage the facility
- Managing the facility’s operational budget and risk management profile
- Planning, designing and providing input for technical evaluations and solution designs for customer opportunities
- Managing technical vendors for product evaluation, hosted solutions and negotiating access and license terms
- Modernising the operational processes and technical infrastructure to support our vendor offerings and cloud technologies
- Working with customers through our Business Development and Technical Presales teams
About you and what you will bring
Leidos Australia is seeking a suitably qualified person to oversee the management of the facility, its team and the technical support it delivers to the business for customer and solution proposals. This role has both an internal and external focus and requires an exceptional people leader who is able to build a high performing team able to deliver the Leidos Connect facility’s objectives. The following experience is highly valued:
- Experience working with the following types of programs/projects:
- Data Centre transformations, large ICT system implementations, Cloud migration, application modernisation and migrations
- Infrastructure and application builds and migrations
- Experience working with a prime system integrator or large technical consultancy.
- Knowledge and experience with Defence and Government procurement and programs
- Experience with the typical product technologies/vendors in the afore mentioned programs, such as Microsoft, VMWARE, Netapp, Oracle
- Commercial experience working with vendors and contactors; including negotiation, expectation management and engagement.
What you’ll love
The opportunity to work with a high growth phase business who are at the forefront of innovation within their sector. Leidos has a close-knit culture, strongly supporting internal career development, work life balance and flexibility.
Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in.