- Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind
for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network,we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative, effective, efficient and sustainable answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian – that’s where you come in.
About the Role
As the Software Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers to design and build an enterprise data integration and discovery platform within the C4ISR domain.
As a part off a large team the role will require you to collaborate with architects, systems engineers, test engineers and ILS engineers on system design, interfaces and protocols. Key to your success in this role will be your ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
- Ensure software is developed to the required scope, quality and schedule
- Manage the Agile software engineering process and teams with planning, estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Work with the Product Owner and team leads to ensure the backlog is managed to meet customer goals and maximise productivity
- Ensure best practice software development methodologies and processes are employed
- Perform cost account management for the software engineering team
About You and What You Bring
You will have a Batchelor degree or higher in software engineering, computer science or a related discipline, together with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training. Relevant certifications or Professional membership would be desirable. An NV1 security clearance or higher is also required for this role.
As well as your experience working on large, complex ICT projects and the Defence C4ISR domain you will be also required to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience in software engineering
- Substantial professional experience with software management and software engineering methodologies including extensive experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Training in Agile, Scrum and Defence domain specific topics
- Substantial knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including systems and enterprise architecture, systems engineering, software and ICT engineering, interface protocols and baseline management/ governance
- Significant experience managing teams of software engineers in complex environments
Your personal and professional attributes will include strong and proven problem solving and organisational skills. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to coach and mentor others to further the professional development of the team.
As a business we are focusing on setting people up for growth and success, so individuals can develop specialist skills and make significant contributions whilst broadening their experience within the defence field. If this sounds like you and you have the right attitude coupled with the willingness to challenge yourself and want to lead a team delivering capability for national security – apply today.