UK Director (Growth Manager)
- London, UK
MANGOPAY is a leading European fintech aiming to shape the future of exchanges by building powerful payment technologies for entrepreneurs.
We specialise in providing payment technology for marketplaces and crowdfunding platforms to enable them to process funds easily and automatically, so that they can focus on their business. Today, we have over 2,500 clients all across Europe, including some of the most innovative marketplaces such as Vinted, Rakuten, and more, for whom we have processed more than 18 billion euros since our creation in 2013.
Our everyday actions are based on our three values: entrepreneurship, collaboration and diversity. We have seven offices across Europe and we are proud to foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, which has enabled us to grow into an innovative leader both locally and internationally.
To contribute to the hyper-growth of MANGOPAY, and reinforce its position in the UK MANGOPAY is building its experimented uk team by recruiting a UK director that will help positioned Mangopay as a reference for marketplaces in the UK, define the sales strategy and contribute to the sales performances locally and be the face of Mangopay for the UK internally across departments and externally in the UK platforms ecosystem.
Demonstrating leadership, strategic thinking, and being client oriented will be the keys of success for this strategic position at Mangopay.
Reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer, the UK Director is responsible for the acquisition of large merchants, the growth of the UK and Ireland client portfolio in a self-determined and analytical way, as well as implementing local marketing technics.
This role entails active prospecting and sales activities combined with building and managing a local team of sales executives. It implies to be both a strategic thinker as well as a personal contributor.
Located in London, you have 8-10 years professional experience, in a similar role.
1- Sales acquisition (50-80%)
- Responsible of the Go to Market locally
- Segmentation of the market / development of the sales strategy with the CGO
- Acquisition of multipliers as sales partners
- Outbound direct prospection (“hunting”) of key large merchants
- Development of a personal brand and consultant role via webinars, PR, trade fairs and seminars.
2- Team leader (10-20%)
- Management of the Sales Team for the UK region
- Matrix-organization of the UK Customer Success Manager (with existing team leader in Paris)
- Local management of marketing activities (with an existing marketing generalist position in Paris)
3- Product (10-25%)
- Elaboration of product requirements for the UK, participation in internal projects in product development
- Accompaniment of the integration projects as an escalation step behind the customer success management
- 10-15 years of professional experience in multicultural organizations
- Proven hunter experience closing complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders and C-Level decision makers
- Salesperson at heart with proven success of exceeding targets
- Project management experience
- Experience working with product and marketing teams
- FinTech / E-commerce / Marketplace experience must have (5+ years)
- Previous experience (and success) as a UK director (5+ years)
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
- Metric and KPI oriented with experience in defining and tracking sales KPIs
- Easily strikes a balance between thinking strategically and executing tactically.
- Strong customer-oriented mindset.
- Work experience in B2B, FinTech and/or payment solutions is a plus
- French speaking is a plus
- HR Call
- 1st Interview with the Chief Growth Officer
- 2nd interview with the Chief People Officer and CEO
- Case Study
- FInal interviews with some COMEX members
Interested in this position? Apply without a second thought!
For us, applications are all very welcome. Our differences are our wealth : we are committed to promote and embody all shades of diversity for a more inclusive and equitable society.