Backend Software Engineer (Java)
- Santa Clara, CA
Help build technology that saves lives!
LeanTaaS is a fast growing healthcare predictive analytics company that uses sophisticated math and lean principles to make healthcare providers more efficient. Our technology helps millions of people wait less at hospitals and speciality clinics across the country. LeanTaaS’ customers include some of the nation’s largest hospitals including Stanford, Cleveland Clinic, NewYork-Presbyterian, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and more. Our vision is to build an Air Traffic Control for hospitals that monitors patient flow across the system and automatically routes the right care to the right patient at the right time. Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
- You’ll work closely with fellow engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers to define, refine and implement features on our iQueue product line
- You’ll mostly work on the backend side but also help with frontend as needed - our stack is Java Play and Angular 2.
- You’ll work on complex engineering problems to improve the scalability, security and reliability of our architecture.
- You’ll collaborate with others to build frameworks and tools, define standards and improve overall efficiency and hygiene of the codebase.
- Must have: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have: At-least 2-3 years experience building Java based web applications in Linux / Unix environments
- Must have: Experience with AWS, RESTful services, Java and related web frameworks like Spring, Play, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience with Angular, bootstrap
- Nice to have: Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Nice to have: Experience building analytics products
We have small, close-knit teams in a flat organization and rely on our engineers to work directly with product and design to ship features. We value people that take ownership and get things done, and have fun along the way. Many of us have entrepreneurial backgrounds and that percolates our culture heavily. We're building something big and important - come join us!
At LeanTaaS, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.