- 3000 Boul le Corbusier, Laval, QC H7L 3W2, Canada
Laura Canada is an iconic and innovative family-owned retailer housing two leading women’s fashion apparel brands, Laura and Melanie Lyne. Based in Laval, Quebec, we design, produce, market and distribute quality apparel across Canada. We proudly employ over 2,000 dedicated team members and operate more than 140 locations and two online stores. We attribute our success to the unwavering commitment of our team to delivering outstanding customer experiences while embodying our shared values of integrity, respect, teamwork, performance, and passion.
At Laura Canada, we believe that delivering an outstanding customer experience is driven by our commitment to an outstanding employee experience.
Assists the Category Manager at every level of the merchandise buying process, consistent with division strategy. Works on daily activities such as analysis, preparation of reports, supports the Category Manager in procuring the merchandise and to make the business adjustments necessary to achieve sales.
1. Buying Support
- Assists Category Manager in managing OTB by class/supplier on an on-going basis.
- Provides Category Manager with monthly and, upon request, seasonal analysis of the business for planning purposes.
- Creates Storyboards.
- Creates Purchase Orders and executes modifications (i.e. cost adjustments).
- Follows up on repeats for the Category Manager in a timely manner (i.e. inquiries about availability, discount and deliveries).
- Maintains professional relationship with vendors.
- Executes Re-SKU’s and recalls.
2. Daily Management
- Reviews the Style Cards or V-listing weekly to monitor performance of each style and recommends action to Category Manager (i.e. repeats, fit issues, quality issues).
- Follows up on delivery and shipping of orders and reports to Category Manager any delay or merchandise issue.
- Communicates with the Quality Assurance and Fit Departments as required on any quality control issues and approvals in Pivot 88 as well as follows up with Production Team and vendors to settle any quality control issues.
- Responds in a timely manner to any store requests (missing UPC codes, special orders, etc.).
- Calls Vendors/Stores/Distribution Centre for samples for Marketing and Product Knowledge material and prepares/organizes all swatches, books and samples under Category Manager’s direction.
- Follows up with vendors to get requested TOP samples that need approval.
- Management and organization of samples
- Organizes and files documents.
- Attends approved training sessions.
- Works and assists other team members in the department when needed (vacations, departures, absences).
- Responds to Planning and Allocation Department’s questions in a timely manner.
- Works on special projects such as store contest or events as required.
- Adheres to all new and existing Company policies and procedures (i.e. Loss Prevention, Health & Safety and Human Resources).
- Related industry equivalent required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Good knowledge of merchandising systems (BI, Momentis)
- Excellent communication skills
- Is a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Ability to work without supervision
Working Conditions and Environment
- This is a full-time position.
- Works in a sitting/walking/standing position.
- Lifts boxes of samples and carries clothes